Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Featured Artist Of The Week: Heaven's Touch

Welcome to our first featured artist of the week! Urban Studio Supply is so lucky to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful artist's, crafters, and jewelry designer who use our supplies! We want to take a moment each and every week to showcase their work and to show off some of the wonderful Urban Studio Supplies that they use in their work. One of our favorite jewelry designers is Pia of Heaven's Touch. We met Pia when we first opened our shop on Etsy, long before we had our website fully launched. Once we saw Pia's work we were hooked and look forward to her new designs. We think you will also. Pia was nice enough to sit down and do an interview with us- check out Pia and her lovely jewelry designs!-- Enjoy!


Hi Pia- Thanks so much for sitting down with us and letting us know a little about yourself and your work!

Q: How did you get started working as an artist, designer or crafter?
A: I started making jewelry when I could not find a item that I wanted so I went to the bead store, from that point I was hooked. I been making jewelry ever since. I love the beauty of the gemstones and creative work it takes to make something beautiful or something that has a special meaning.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration?
A: I get my inspiration everywhere, nature. People, magazines, TV and most of all when people like my jewelry it gives my creativity a big boost. 

Q: Do you have a signature piece or a favorite?
A: I do have a signature piece, but it is not for sale because I cant recreate it. I identify with this piece and like a lot of my pieces I cant find the exact stones again to create a duplicate. I also have many favorite pieces. Most of my jewelry is one of a kind.

Q: What hobbies or other interests do you have?
A: My hobby is animal rescue, its more of a calling then a hobby. Since a child I would run up to every dog or cat that I saw. I have 4 rescue dogs also being owned by cats fish and birds. 
So it is just natural that I am a proud member of the Artists for animal’s Etsy team, 10% of every sale goes to animal rescue. I will open a second store this year for pets only, selling healing crystals for pets and memorial items.

My hope for the future is to sale on Etsy full time and doing what I love.


We just love this piece! The colors are just stunning. 


Heaven's Touch have dozens of spectacular jewelry designs for some really great prices! If you are looking for a great gift idea or want a special piece of jewelry for yourself, Heaven's Touch will have that unique piece you are looking for. Thanks so much Pia for sharing your time and your work with us!



1 comment: